When picking a new hairstyle or haircut, it is necessary to consider your face shape. Pick the hairstyle that suits best to your face shape. You can get the trendiest haircut, but it need not necessarily work with your face shape. Here is your guide to strategically pick a hairstyle that compliments your features and facial structure the best!
Here are female hairstyles for different face shapes
- Square-shaped face: If you have a square face, the widest points of your face are equal in length. Your jaw and forehead are squared off. The best hairstyles for square-shaped face women includes rounded-off bangs with long hair or a classic 90s blowout.
- Round-shaped face: If you have a round face, the broadest parts of your face are equal to the length of your face. There are no sharp angles; your jawline is smooth and circular. The goal here is to elongate your face.
You can achieve the best hairstyle for a round face by adding some wispy layers to your hair. Ideally, long hair works the best. Try avoiding bobs.
- Diamond-shaped faces: If you have a diamond-shaped face, your cheekbones are very prominent as they are the widest point of your face. You are also likely to have a short forehead and a sharp jawline. The best hairstyles for a diamond-shaped face are namely, a sleek bob or straight medium-length hair shape.
- Rectangular shaped face: If you have a rectangular-shaped face, the distance between your cheekbones and jawline is likely to be the same; your face is longer than it is wide. You can accentuate your features by adding some layering at the cheekbones. The best example of a rectangular shaped face is shorter hair with a side bang. It will also help to enhance your facial structure.
- Heart-shaped face: If you have a heart-shaped face, your forehead will be wide, a sharp jawline, and wide cheekbones. Hairstyles, for example, shorter length and round at the chin will suit you the best. Another look that suits a heart-shaped woman is a beachy wave with soft layering.
- Oval-shaped face: If you have an oval-shaped face, you will have a soft jawline and a hairline. The length of your face is slightly longer than its width. An oval-shaped face is the ideal most facial structure and, nearly every hairstyle complements your features and orientation the best.