Haircuts are not a one size fits all type of situation. You must select the hairstyle that suits best for your face shape. There are 6 basic face shapes- Round, Oval, Diamond, Square, Heart, Rectangle. It is recommended to have a hairstyle that suits your face type to bring out the features of your face. To recognize your face shape, you must take into consideration the width of your forehead, cheekbones, and jaw. You must also look at the length of your face from top to bottom and side to side.
Here are the men hairstyles according to face shapes:
- Round face: If you have a rounded jawline, wide cheekbones, and the width of your forehead and chin are approximately the same, you have a round face. The hairstyles that suit best for round face shape are fuller on the top and shorter on the sides e.g. An undercut, a quiff, or a fringe up.
- Oval face: The oval face is similar to the round face. The widest part of the face is the cheekbones, it has rounded edges at the forehead and chin, but the length of the face is longer than its width. For an oval face, the goal is to balance out the proportions. The hairstyles that suit best for oval shapes are the pushed back long, side-parted short, and the undercut.
- Diamond face: If you have a diamond shape the widest part of your face is your cheekbones, the forehead and chin come to a point and the jawline is sharp. For the diamond face you want a softer hairstyle with fewer angles in the hair, avoid sharp fades and high contrasts. The best fit hairstyles for a diamond face include a quiff, long hair pushed back, and a faux hawk.
- Square face: The square face typically has the same width and length. The cheekbones and jaw are about the same distance apart and the chin is relatively flat. The goal here is to accentuate your features rather than diminish them. The best fit hairstyles for a square face include styles such as the buzz cut, undercut, and faux hawk.
- Heart face: The heart face shape has a relatively mismatched top and bottom. The goal here is to create an illusion of a proportionate face. The best-looking hairstyles for a heart-shaped face are- long fringes, a pushed-back hairstyle, or a side-parted long hairstyle.
- Rectangular face: The rectangular face has a similar width going from top to bottom the but overall length is longer than the width of the face. The goal here is to avoid further elongating the face. The best-looking hairstyles for a rectangular shaped face are- a side-parted hairstyle, a buzz cut, or a fringe up.