If you have oily skin, you’ll know all too well the fine line between a dewy complexion and a grease trap. It’s a tricky business. when it comes to taking care of the skin, dealing with oily skin is the most difficult part. From keeping on washing the face to carrying blotting paper everywhere, life becomes truly tough for people fighting with perpetually greasy skin. But it all comes down to building the right routine with the right kind of products to add to your oily skin routine. Here are some tips and tricks that will help you to prepare skincare routine for oily skin.
5 Things You Should Add To Your Skin Care Routine For Oily Skin:
- Stop over-cleansing: Make sure you don’t fall into the trap of over-cleansing or using a stripping cleanser to avoid excess skin oiliness. Though this may seem contradictory, it is important to respect your skins natural oil balance. Over cleansing can strip the protective layer of oil that rests on your skin, and instinctively your skin will start producing excess oil to rebuild that layer. So, it is important to use a cleanser that will adequately cleanse your skin without overly stripping that protective layer such as The Simple Daily Skin Detox Face Wash.
- Use a hydrating moisturizer at night: This may sound crazy but trust us on this, once you start using a hydrating moisturizer at night you will immediately start noticing your skin looks significantly less oily throughout the day. This is because our skin goes through a process called transepidermal water loss at night. It is a process through which water exits our skin causing sensitivity, ageing, oiliness, acne dark spots etc. Using a good hydrating moisturizer, the skin will lock in the moisture at night. This will make your skin feel hydrated and prevent it from producing excess oil throughout the day. You must add this to your daily skincare routine for oily skin. A good moisturizer to start with is the Rovectin Clean Water Cream.
- Use products containing niacinamide: Niacinamide is a product known to reduce oiliness and excess sebum production. It is also a great ingredient to brighten acne scars. One of the best niacinamide products out there is The Beauty Bay Soothing Serum.
- Use a gel moisturiser during the day: Gel moisturisers have a thin consistency that will soak into your skin easily without making it appear greasy. These moisturizers are lightweight and will make you feel like you have nothing on your skin while keeping it hydrated. First Aid Beauty Coconut Water Cream is a great product to add to your skincare routine for oily skin.
- Use a good SPF product: This is the holy grail of all skincare products. Not using sunscreen would make the rest of your skincare routine null and void. It protects your skin from harmful UV rays and amplifies the effects of all your other products. A great SPF to start with is the First Aid Beauty Weightless Mineral SPF30.