Thanks to time, the weather, and even certain skincare products, a bout of dry skin is likely to affect almost everyone at some point. But it doesn’t have to stick around, especially when you have the right skincare routine. Here are some tips and tricks to help you take care of your skin.
- Use a cleanser with an exfoliator: To get rid of that dry skin, use a cleanser with an exfoliator. Beads can be a little harsh, so you can always go for one with a chemical exfoliant such as The Inkey list salicylic acid cleanser. This cleanser will get rid of all your sweat, makeup, and will unclog your pores.
- Go for a thicker moisturizer: Thicker doesn’t necessarily have to be heavier, your skin should still be able to breathe and shouldn’t be irritated by an overly suffocating cleanser. Search for ingredients that don’t clog the skin. You can also experiment with different oils if your skin reacts well to them. Coconut oil has been used as a skin remedy for a long time. The First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration is a cult favourite for wintertime.
- Add lip cream and eye cream: These are the most sensitive parts of our face, and while we forget about them in the summertime, adding them in the fall and winter can help ease the transition that skin goes through as the seasons change. For your lips, something as simple as Vaseline could work. For your eyes, try the Inkey List Retinol Eye Cream.
- Add Vitamin E to your skin routine: Wind, snow, and generally harsher weather during the fall and winter means lots of skin damage. To fight those free radicals and to repair the skin, infuse it with powerful antioxidant vitamin E. The Palmer’s, Natural Vitamin E Concentrated Cream is a great option to start with. Combine with sunscreen for its optimal effect.
- Don’t stop using sunscreen: Just because the warm weather’s gone away doesn’t mean that the sun can’t still cause damage. SPF is necessary for all seasons, although you might want to choose a more lightweight formula such as The Inkey List SPF30 Sunscreen 100% Mineral UV Filters.