From bold eyeshadow looks to classic cat eyes, everyone counts on their own tried-and-trusted beauty routines to look their best throughout the day. But for those extra-busy days when we’re running late, this eight makeup and beauty hacks will help you unlock the full potential of your products for an extra-recharged look.
- Use micellar wipes for a quick facial cleanse: To prepare your skin for a busy day it’s essential to start your morning routine with a thorough facial cleanse. Prior to applying makeup, run a micellar water wipe all over your face. This helps remove excess oil, grease, and dead skin cells. It also moistures and prevents redness and blemishes.
- Use toner as a face mist to stay hydrated through the day: A toner will not only help tone your complexion; it provides your skin with an instant boost of hydration. You can use this product on the go by filling a spray bottle with some of your favorite toners and spritzing it on your face as and when you need the extra hydration.
- Powder lashes before mascara for more volume: Big bold lashes help make your eyes look more appealing. But for those resorting to applying multiple coats of mascara or falsies, it can be a time-consuming process. Instead, dip your mascara wand in some powder then back into the tube and apply to your lashes to make your eyelashes look long and voluminous
- Apply nude or white liner to widen eyes: To achieve the doll-eyed look you can use white or nude eyeliner in your waterline. This will make your eyes look wider and more open, to further brighten your eyes you can also dab nude eyeliner in the inner corners of your eyes.
- Dust translucent powder over lipstick for a matte look: Wish your favorite lipstick had a matte finish? All you have to do is grab some translucent powder and lightly dab it over your lipstick or lip gloss. This will mattify your lip shade and also make it longer lasting so you don’t have to reapply it throughout the day.
- Facelift using upward strokes of concealer: Concealers help mask all your imperfections whether it is pimples, redness, or dark circles. By applying a little bit of concealer for the outer corner of your eyes to your temples you can achieve a facelift like an effect.
- Squeeze excess serum from your mask onto your neck: As rejuvenating as it is to end the day with a cooling sheet mask, they often come with an unusually large amount of serum. After peeling off the mask, don’t let the serum go to waste and instead squeeze the excess liquid into a small container and apply it onto your neck for extra hydration.
- Layer with Vaseline to make your perfumes last longer: Apart from looking sharp, smelling great is equally important when it comes to making an impression. Make your perfume last longer by applying a thin layer of Vaseline to those areas where you are going to spray your fragrance.