Time to go back to the basics! Makeup can often be a little intimidating, especially if you are new to it. The world of makeup and beauty comes with an abundance of products, but not to worry we are here to help you out! Here is a step-by-step guide, that will help you learn what each product is and where they are supposed to be applied!
- Prepping your face: before applying make-up, it is important to pluck extra hair around the eyebrows, to make the brows more defined. Next, it is important to cleanse the face and apply moisturiser. Wait for a few minutes and then apply a primer. Applying a primer helps in holding your makeup for a longer period. The primer should either be a transparent one or one that is very close to your skin colour. If you have dryer skin try opting for a hydration primer such as the elf hydrating primer. If your skin type leans towards the oily side, use a mattifying primer e.g., the Maybelline Fit Me! Matte + Poreless Primer
- Creating the base: foundation, concealer and powder, together form the base of your make-up. The texture of the foundation should be light and creamy. This will give your face a natural look, the Fenty beauty Eaze drop blurring skin tint is the perfect product for beginners. Make sure to blend the foundation down to your neck and around your mouth. To brighten your undereye, conceal blemishes and dark spots, use a concealer. The Tarte shape tape concealer is a cult favourite and will work wonders for you! Lastly, the loose or compact powder should be used to set the foundation and concealer. To achieve a softer look, use a lighter hand while applying powder. The Airspun loose powder works well for all skin types.
- Bringing back the dimension: Complexion products such as blusher, bronzer and highlighter will help bring back depth and dimensions to your face. Highlighter is supposed to be applied to the high point of your face such as the tops of your cheekbones and right under the arch of your eyebrows. The elf Baked Highlighter can help you achieve this. Blusher goes on the apples on your cheek, this will give you a rosy flush and make you look fresh. The Physicians Formula Murumuru Butter Blush is a highly rated product and is the perfect blush to start using. Bronzer is to help sculpt the face and add warmth to it. Bronzer is applied below the blush, right where your cheekbones are. The physicians’ formula butter bronzer is a great and affordable option, to begin with.
- Eyebrows: To fill in the sparse areas in your eyebrows using an eyebrow pencil, for example, the NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil. Once you’re happy with the way your eyebrows look, it’s time to set them in place with an eyebrow gel. This can be done using the NYX Professional Makeup Control Freak Eyebrow Gel.
- Eyes: Eyeshadow is subjective, while some may like an elaborate look others prefer a and done kinda look. If you are just starting, you may want to go for the one and done look. Using any shadow of your choice and a brush, blend the pigment from your lids into your crease to achieve an effortless, glamourous look. The Lottie London Eyeshadow Palette in the shade The Rusts has a variety of beautiful nude shades you can choose from.
- Lips: A lip liner, lipstick, and gloss is the holy trinity of lip products. Begin by outlining your lips with a lip liner, then go in with lipstick to fill in your lips and add a gloss on top to give your lips a juicy, plump finish. The Golden Rose Long Stay Liquid Matte& Lipliner Lip kit Set in the shade Warm Sable Colour and the Fenty beauty gloss will have you covered!