Melatonin, a modern beauty term that has gained popularity nowadays, has been touted as the best beauty ingredient for super sensitive skin. Melatonin boosts the skin’s natural defence against free radicals and UV radiation. It also wards off visible signs of stress and pollution.
How Does Melatonin Infused Skincare Work?
Melatonin stimulates the production of antioxidant enzymes such as vitamins C and E during the night. Applying melatonin can trick the skin into triggering antioxidant behaviour that would otherwise kick in during sleep, where skin regeneration is naturally at its best performance. When the body is in a deep, restful sleep, the skin’s metabolism increases and cell turnover and renewal escalates. Many people take a melatonin supplement to get a good night’s sleep. Very few know that it is a skincare ingredient too.
Benefits Of Melatonin for Skin: –
- Using melatonin at night increases the natural defences to fight free radicals caused by UV radiation, stress, and pollution, as well as damage repair.
- It also offers antioxidant benefits that make the skin look healthy and rejuvenated.
- Melatonin also has a calming effect on the skin and provides a relaxing experience.
- This powerful skincare ingredient helps with natural skin regeneration, rejuvenates and hydrates the skin from within, combats visible signs of ageing, and helps get rid of skin problems caused due to pollution.
- With the help of melatonin infused skincare, you can make your skin look plumper, smooth, radiant and youthful.
Best Melatonin Products: –
- The Good Patch, Dream, 4 Patches
- Queen of Hungary Evening Mist
- Eucerin Anti-Pigment Night Cream
- Green Releaf Therapeutic Sleep Cream
You will mostly find overnight masks, serums and moisturizers, containing melatonin as an active ingredient. Use them in the correct sequence; after your serums and before your moisturizer.