Micro-dosing skincare products can help heal sensitive skin. Highly concentrated products like retinol and vitamin serums can be abrasive for people with sensitive skin. Dermatologists recommend ‘micro-dosing,’ or using a less concentrated product, to make it less irritating. You should check your product concentration and use a smaller amount than recommended if the full dose is irritating you, or switch to a less potent product. There are 2 methods of micro-dosing in skincare:
Use a smaller amount of product: –
Retinol is touted by dermatologists as an amazing product that can rid your skin of acne and reduce wrinkles. But for people with sensitive skin, it can also be incredibly irritating. Dermatologists say there’s a simple solution that can help people with sensitive skin enjoy the benefits of their favourite skincare products; using it in smaller concentrations. Use a smaller amount of active skincare ingredients more often for example, if the container says to use a pea-sized amount across your face, try cutting that amount in half and see if the irritation improves in the following weeks.
Use products with smaller concentrations of active ingredients: –
The second method of micro-dosing involves swapping out your products and is far more precise. First, read the ingredient list on your skin care product packaging and pay close attention to the percentages in concentration for each ingredient. More is not always better. Stick to small amounts of active ingredients and assess your skin afterwards. Active ingredients also leave you sun-sensitive so be sure to always wash off actives in the morning and apply sunscreen every two to three hours during peak sun times.
Best Skincare products for sensitive skin: –
- Cleansers: Krave Beauty Matcha Hemp Hydrating Cleanser, Simple Water Boost Micellar Facial Gel Wash Sensitive Skin 5 oz.
- Serums: The INKEY List Q10 Antioxidant Serum, Krave Beauty Great Barrier Relief Reparative skin-soothing serum, The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%, iUNIK – Tea Tree Relief Serum 50ml
- Moisturizers: EVENPRIME Daily Moisturizer, Youth to the People Adaptogen Deep Moisture Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi, iUNIK – Centella Calming Gel Cream 60ml
- Sunscreen: Eucerin Sun Cream Dry Touch Ultra-Light Sensitive Protect Gel SPF50, COSRX ALOE SOOTHING SUN CREAM SPF50,
- 100% Mineral UV Filters 50ml
2 thoughts on “Micro-dosing; The Key to Sensitive Skin Care”
Pingback: 4 Must-Try Lipstick Shades for People of Colour | Zylu
Pingback: How To Get Rid of Dark Circles Under Your Eyes - Zylu
Comments are closed.