Most of us have experienced that moment when we catch a glimpse of ourselves in a storefront window only to be stared back by what can be best described as a lion’s mane. Frizzy hair isn’t always easy to deal with. Our hair can react differently based on our hair type. To combat frizz, it’s important to first find out its root cause.
Frizzy hair happens when all the different individual hair fibres are running in multiple directions. Four primary factors cause frizz: the environment, diameter of the hair fibre itself, level of curl, and the amount of damage.
Here are 6 tricks to combat Frizzy Hair-
- Get regular trims: Split ends can travel up the hair shaft. Eliminate breakage and stop frizz in its tracks by getting regular trims.
- Switch to silk or satin sheets: rough cotton sheets cause a lot of friction. These sheets rough up your hair’s cuticle and leaving you with a frizzy, tangled mess in the morning. Switch to silk or satin pillowcases to reduce friction and combat frizz.
- Towel dry gently: Use a soft cotton t-shirt or a microfibre towel to squeeze excess moisture from your mane instead of a regular towel
- Tie hair up overnight: Protect your hair from too much friction by securing it in a loose braid or bun for the night.
- Avoid touching your hair too much during the day: Bad hair habits, like running your fingers through your hair all day long, can ruffle your hair’s cuticle and make it appear poofy and frizzy.
- Protect your hair during your workouts: It may sound crazy, but sweat can dry out your locks. The combination of salt and proteins found in sweat can be very dehydrating for hair. Before your workout, spritz on a leave-in-conditioner to seal in moisture and create a barrier against sweat.
The best products to Tame Frizzy Hair: –
- Kérastase Discipline Fluidissme Spray
- Bed Head by Tigi Control Freak Anti Frizz Serum for Smooth Shiny Hair 250ml
- Noughty To The Rescue Anti-Frizz Serum 75ml
- Giovanni, Nutrafix Hair Reconstructor, For Critically Damaged Hair
- Shea Moisture Raw Shea & Cupuaçu Frizz Defense Conditioner
- Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in Conditioning Repair Cream 709g