Blackheads are the small bumps that form on your face as a result of clogged hair follicles. When a clogged pore remains open the dead skin cells, bacteria, and sebum are exposed to the air, this mixture contains melanin, which turns black when it oxidizes, causing it to form what is known as a blackhead, or open comedo.
While exploring different blackhead removal methods you will come across some short-term solutions and some long-term solutions.
Long term: –
- Salicylic Peels: Salicylic acid is a skincare ingredient that may inspire you to bin your concealer. This exfoliant improves several unsightly skin concerns. Blackheads, acne, sunspots, large pores, and post-inflammatory discolouration all look better after 30-minute salicylic peel treatment. For the long term, benefits schedule monthly appointments.
- White Secret Clean Up: This 45-minute treatment will give you a clearer, youthful, flawless and beautiful skin complexion. It targets blackhead and tan removal, with special ingredients such as Benzyl Salicylate and AHA exfoliants
- Peter Thomas Roth, Pro Strength Microdermabrasion Blackhead Eliminator: This luxury face wash from Peter Thomas Roth exfoliates the skin while cleansing and unclogging even the darkest, dirtiest blackheads. It’s formulated with salicylic acid to dissolve the gunk that forms blemishes. It’s safe for all skin types, and doesn’t just de-clog pores, but refines them and smooths skin texture as well.
- Cerave, Acne Foaming Cream Cleanser: The Cerave Acne Foaming Cream Cleanser has standout ingredients that include niacinamide, which soothes the skin, hyaluronic acid, for added hydration, and ceramides, which help keep impurities and blackheads out. All in all, it’s a gentle cleanser that’ll keep breakouts at bay on a budget.
- La Roche-Posay, Effaclar Medicated Gel Acne Face Wash: This gel cleanser fights acne, blackheads, and blemishes using salicylic acid. There are no pore-clogging oils, no harsh exfoliants, no drying ingredients—it’s powerful enough to wash away a day’s worth of impurities while leaving the skin protected again from future breakouts.
Short term: –
Pore strips: Pore strips are made with woven, tough material. It has a very strong adhesive that gets activated on wetting it. They clean your pores by clinging to the buildup inside them and pulling it out.
- Biore, Deep Cleansing Pore Strips
- Formula 10.0.6 Down to the Pore Strips Pack
Pore Vacuum: A pore vacuums pressure is faster, more thorough, and less invasive than attempting to remove blackheads yourselves, and after a stint of using it twice a week, your skin will be completely blackhead free!